Look to Learn is a software package with 40 activities designed for adults and children starting out with eye gaze technology. These activities have been specially created to provide a fun way to improve access and choice making skills.
Each activity develops a different skill, ranging from early cause and effect through to accurate eye gaze control. Most of all, Look to Learn is designed to be motivating and fun!
Five Areas of Learning
The 40 Look to Learn activities have been split into five key areas of learning and development:
• Sensory - Teaches cause and effect
• Explore - Encourages engagement with the whole screen
• Target - Helps improve accuracy of eye gaze access
• Choose - Develops choice making skills
• Control - Improve eye control
Look to Learn provides a progression from early cause and effect activities right through to choice making and game playing. This process develops the eye gaze skills required for alternative communication, literacy development and computer access.
We recommend that AAC software such as The Grid 3 is used in conjunction with Look to Learn.
Look to Learn
- Customized for You!
Many of the activities can be customised to include favourite images or videos. Get creative and have some fun!
Look to Learn has been created in conjunction with teachers and therapists from across the world to provide the tools needed for assessment:
• Eye tracking – where on the screen are you looking? Are you engaged with the content?
• Targeting – learning to find targets and fix your gaze on it.
• Choice making – introducing early choice making in preparation for AAC.
The built-in analysis tool creates a heat map to show where you have looked on the screen during an activity. Heat maps can be saved, printed and used to measure progress and record successes.
Our Look to Learn workbooks are coming soon! The workbook will provide record-keeping tools for anyone that is facilitating Look to Learn eye gaze sessions. These will be available as a free download.